Looking for Audio Visual talent can be difficult especially when you may not have all the right tools and resources to effectively look for qualified candidates. That is why many folks in the industry look to staffing and workforce solutions firms to aid them in their search. Working with a staffing agency is an excellent way to have professionals who are skilled in exclusively recruiting Audio Visual talent do most of the work for you so you can focus on running the daily operations of your audio visual business. But remember your commitment and availability to work with the staffing agency are paramount to making these arrangements successful.
Here are the top five tips to better prepare you for a successful partnership with a staffing firm:
- Make sure you are committed to hiring the right candidate when you enter into an agreement with a staffing firm. This ensures open and truthful communications between both parties and creates a successful formula for finding the right employee.
- Make sure you and your staffing partner have agreed upon communication channels and that this line of communication is open and effective.
- Make sure you have an accurate job description of the position your looking to fill; if you do not have a job description your staffing partner can help you complete one.
- Make sure you have a fully agreed upon signed agreement between both parties to ensure a smooth and productive working relationship.
- Make sure you have the budget to pay your staffing partner for their services, typically staffing agencies charge 20% or more of the first year’s salary for any candidate hired through their services. Remember staffing companies are using their own funds up front to source, interview and secure acceptable candidates for your search, funds you would have to pay out of pocket and on your own if you did your own recruitment.
With these tips in mind you will be well on your way to finding top-level talent for your company while allowing you to continue to focus on what is most important, running your core business.